At St Louis we value PE and school sport and we are enthusiastic about encouraging our pupils to lead a healthy lifestyle. As well as providing a rich and varied PE curriculum, we are keen to use and improve the principles and skills engrained in sport and develop them throughout all areas of our school life.
We are keen for children to experience:
- working as part of a team
- practising skills in order to improve
- having a determination to succeed
- not giving up if something is difficult
- coping with success and defeat
- trying new activities with an open mind
- and most importantly.....
- enjoying being active!
Every year we receive our annual PE and Sports grant of £8917. In 2015/16 we have spent this on a variety of things to improve our teaching, buying extra resources and help our children take part in more after school clubs and tournaments. The list includes:
- - equipment such as softball sets, footballs, tri-golf kit bag, goal posts, basketball hoops etc
- - storage for the new equipment
- - subsidising after school clubs such as Key Stage 1 football, Zumba, Athletics and Badminton, so that more children are able to participate
- - subsidisng a multi-skills enhancement group for children who require help developing core skills
- - subsidising a Taekwondo class for Key Stage 1 and 2 children
- - training for netball coach
- - hire of mini buses and coaches to transport children to competitions
- - sports trophies for the annual 'Sports Awards' presentation evening
In the summer of 2016 we undertook an extensive review of Sport in our school. We want to 'open up' sport in our school so everyone has the oppurtunity to take part in and experience a sporting event. We want to really encourage children who do not like sport to become enthusiastic. Our school will no longer be just about football or netball, though they remain very important to us.
Sports Day 2016